To Lock a folder in windows XP without any software. Follow the steps below.
1. Make a Folder in C drive and rename it as "magic" (or your desired file name) without quotes.
2. Now open Command Prompt from Start Menu. Click on RUN then type ”cmd” without quotes.
3. Type "attrib +s +h C:\magic" without quotes and press enter... Just take extra caution to keep in mind your file name!
- This command will make your folder invisible and it can not be seen even in hidden files and folders
5. You can also lock any other folder by changing the location C:\magic to address of your folder.
---=== get your files protected now ===---